Lucca, a small city in the Tuscan countryside, is unknown to the average tourist. A walk on the walls is not to be missed; up high, you can see the whole city with a single glance and between the roofs emerge dozens of bell towers, palazzos and churches. Our guide will accompany you through the little lanes and streets of this enchanting city, to show you the charm of its one-hundred churches.
Your guide will meet you at the meeting point with a sign with our logo on it.
You will pick the bikes up and your city bike tour will start!
Lucca’s famous tree-lined city walls offer a 4.9 kilometer loop on a safe, wide bike path in the center of the wall for adults and children to enjoy. Standing at 12 meters high and 25 meters wide, the walls offer a beautiful point for looking at Lucca from across the rooftops and beyond the walls to the majestic hills surrounding the plains of Lucca. Along the shady walls you will find enchanting cafes, gelato carts and water fountains. In hotter months.
At the end of the tour your guide will take you back to the place you meet at the beginning.
What is included in the tour
- 3 hours Bike tour in Lucca with a professional guide
- Coffee or Gelato break
- Headsets for more than 6 participants
What is NOT included in the tour
- Optional gratuities
What do I need to carry for this tour?
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring a bottle of water
- Wear a hat in summer (May to September)
- Suggested sunscreen in summer (May to September)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
The itinerary is not challenging but please note that a normal biking skill is required.
- Families with children are welcome to join the tour!
- Child seats for kids 0-4 years old. Children over 8 can ride their own bike
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time. The tour will be not refunded for any other reason if not cancelled in time ( strikes, flight or train delay, hillness)
- No-shows will not be refunded
- This tour runs rain or shine.
- In case of heavy rain, we might decide to start with a walking tour and replace the bikes with tickets to get into the amazing Lucca Cathedral.
- Please note that clients’ safety and comfort are of utmost priority.