Dante’s Inferno in Florence with cappuccino break
“Leave all hope, you who enter” so starts the Divine Comedy of Dante!
Led by your ‘Virgilio’, your guide and light during the entire tour you will discover all the traces of Dante. Dante, famous for its “Divine Comedy”, has set the basis of the Italian language that we now speak. The Divine Comedy is an imaginary journey through Hell, Purgatory and Paradise, is considered one of the masterpiece of the Italian Literature. In medieval Catholic orthodoxy, Purgatory was an in-between state where imperfect souls were cleansed by fire in preparation for their entry into heaven. Dante’s journey from the supernatural “dark forest” to heaven by way of Purgatory lasts just one week, in a poem that took more than 20 years to complete.
Dante Alighieri was born in Florence in 1265, he has influenced the city as the city has influenced him, all the city speaks of him!
Your guide will meet you at the meeting point with a sign with our company name on it.
You will discover that Florence is full of Dante’s traces. Thanks to our guide that will entertain you with stories about him and the Divine Comedy.
At the end of the tour your guide will take you back to the place where you met at the beginning.
What is included in the tour
- Walking tour of Florence
- Entrance fee to Santa Croce’s church
- Coffee or soft drink break
- Three hours with a professional guide
- Headsets for more than 6 participants
What is NOT included in the tour
- Optional gratuities
What do I need to carry for this tour?
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair and stroller not accessible
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time. The tour will be not refunded for any other reason if not cancelled in time ( strikes, flight or train delay, hillness)
- No-shows will not be refunded
- This tour runs rain or shine